Use headlight sandpaper along with Sand E-Z as one of the first steps to restore cloudy headlights. Only use the 600 sandpaper if you tried the 1,000 grit and it was not course enough. The 600 grit may put deep scratches into most lens covers. If the headlights are extremely cloudy start with the 600, then move to 800, 1,000, 1,500 and finally the 2,000 grit. *These are half sheets of sandpaper.
Sand Paper Grit Usage:
• 600 Grit: Should be used for heavily oxidized headlight lenses, as this is the most aggressive.
• 800 Grit: Should be used after 600 grit sanding paper, or as the first choice if headlight lenses have medium oxidation.
• 1,000 Grit: Should be used after 800 grit sanding paper, or as the first choice if headlight lenses have mild oxidation.
• 1,500 Grit: Should be used after 1,000 grit sanding paper, as second to last step.
• 2,000 Grit: Should be used after 1,500 grit sanding paper, as the final step in headlight restoration process.