New Optimum Gloss-Coat Formula announced at SEMA 2015 is a high-tech polymer system that forms an additional layer of clear coat over a vehicle’s painted surfaces, plastic trim, bumpers, wheels, chrome and aluminum. Optimum Gloss-Coat was formulated to provide unrivaled resistance to etching caused by aggressive detergents, and swirls that are many times brought on during the car washing process. Vehicle surfaces that are coated with Optimum Gloss-Coat will be protected for up to 24 months.
The All New Optimum Gloss-Coat formula is much like the clear coat that already exists on the vehicle, except it forms an invisible skin of protection that is much brilliant, sleeker, and less decumbent to wash-induced swirls and micro marring. Optimum Gloss-Coat creates a easy to clean finish that is considerably easier to maintain compared to traditional polishes, sealants and waxes. Optimum formulated Gloss-Coat is formulated so you can top it with a non-abrasive finishing wax like our Final Touch Ultra.
The All New Optimum Gloss-Coat can be applied to all exterior vehicle surfaces. Although It is not recommended for glass since improper application can affect the visibility. For all other exterior surfaces, Optimum Gloss-Coat is a very effective, transparent protective coating.
The All New Optimum Gloss-Coat can also be applied to:
• Plastic Vehicle Trim
• Bumpers Trim and Moldings
• Chrome and Aluminum Surfaces
• Vehicle Painted Surfaces (not Matte Finishes)
The All New Optimum Gloss-Coat is an extra layer of protection between the environmental elements and your vehicle's painted surfaces. The vehicle’s paint will keep its color but contaminants will be blocked out to keep the paint smooth and slick. Unlike waxes and polymer paint sealants that require annual reapplication, Optimum Gloss-Coat provides constant, uncompromising protection for up to 24 long months!
Because Optimum Gloss-Coat is “almost permanent” - the painted surface has to be properly prepared before being applied. Any paint correctable imperfections or contamination will be sealed in so you must remove them first, very important! On a properly groomed painted finish, Optimum Gloss-Coat will look clear, smooth, and clean one the application is completed.
Once Optimum Gloss-Coat cures, washing is the only regular cosmetic maintenance needed to keep the vehicles looking showroom new. Our coating can be clayed but, it should not be necessary since Gloss-Coat releases contaminants easily. Use detail sprays like our Final Touch Ultra or Aqua Seal as desired to intensify the gloss. You can top this coating with a non-abrasive wax like our Cherry Wet Wax or our STS 3000 Polymer Sealant if you so desire.
Advantages Of New Formula Versus Old Formula:
• Better scratch and mar resistance than old formula
• Better UV resistance than old formula
• Better chemical etch resistance than old formula
• Better release properties than any other consumer product while providing unsurpassed gloss and slickness
1. Correct paint to remove correctable blemishes and swirls.
2. Be sure to clean surface with 15% IPA solution to remove all polishing oils, waxes, and silicone's.
3. Prime the included applicator by making an X pattern across the pad. Only a few drops of Gloss Coat will be needed for each subsequent panel.
4. Hand apply Optimum Gloss-Coat onto a single panel at a time in a thin layer using circular or front to back direction motions.
5. Within 5-6 minutes, inspect the panel with decent lighting looking for any thick areas that have not converted to being clear yet.
6. Use the included foam applicator or our optional paint safe microfiber applicators to smooth out any areas where you may see some streaks. This step is important, as any areas not leveled-out will have to be polished if allowed to cure. Panels may feel a little tacky and will be self-leveling during cure time, so avoid any unnecessary wiping, wiping, or other contact to yield the very best results.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for each panel where application is desired.